****Before following this guide, unplug your Digidesign interface from your computer and leave it unplugged no matter what the install screen says.****
1. Unplug your interface from your computer.
2. Insert your Pro Tools v8.0 disc and install Pro Tools. It will give you a message to plug in your interface, DO NOT plug it in, just press the OK button instead.
3. Once your computer reboots after the installation, download and install the 8.0.3 update: http://www3.digidesign.com/index.cfm?langid=1&navid=54&itemid=40394
4. Next, go to Windows Start> Control Panel> Programs and Features. Uninstall the Digidesign Audio Drivers.
5. After this, download the Beta drivers for your interface from here:http://www3.digidesign.com/index.cfm?langid=1&navid=54&itemid=40492
7. Once installed you can plug in your Digidesign audio interface and launch Pro Tools.